Guido Fuentes is a Bolivian designer of humble origins who started his own school and model agency in Buenos Aires’ shanty town Villa 31, in Argentina. The girls struggle to make their dream come true and succeed in the fashion industry, but things are not so easy for those who have no money.
Director: Julieta Sans
Editing: Renato Alvarado
Cinematography: Julieta Sans
Sound: Renato Alvarado
– BAFICI (Buenos Aires International Independent Film Festival), National competition. Argentina, 2015.
– Nominated for best documentary at the 2016 Silver Condor Awars.
– FIDOCS, Santiago International Documentary Film Festival, Chile, 2015.
– GERARDO VALLEJO Film Festival, Tucumán (Winner of the Jury Grand Prix and Best Film Editing), 2015.
– FESALP (Latin American Film Festival in La Plata), Winner as the Best Argentine Film of the Year, 2015.
– CINE MIGRANTE (International Migrant Film Festival), Winner as the Best Iberoamerican Film of the Year, 2015.
DIRECTOR: Julieta Sans is a native of Buenos Aires. She studied photography and English Literature in Argentina before completing her Postgraduate studies in 2005 at Central Saint Martins, London where she now lives and works. In 2007 she was awarded second prize in the National Portrait Gallery’s Photographic Portrait awards.